A CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS ON THE THEMATIC OF TRUTH
- Deadline for presenting an interest: 30th May 2017
- Deadline for final submission: 31st July 2017
- Word count: 300 – 3000 words
THECUBE London invites students, artists, authors, researchers, technologists, professionals – anyone working and/or researching within the theme of ‘TRUTH‘ to submit work for our next issue of our tri-annual magazine.
We are looking to tackle this broad theme from an interdisciplinary platform focusing on Art, Science, Technology, and Design or a combination of the mentioned. Creative interpretations are welcomed and encouraged. The issues of the magazine appear online and are printed at the end of the year.
In the post-truth society and global network that we live in, the redefinition and re-exploration of the concept of ‘Truth’ itself has become crucial to further development and re-examining our collective consciousness. The magazine will be tackling this topic through a critical lens, exploring current research being done in various fields including the notions of fake news, algorithmic ‘truth’ and their shortcomings, machine learning, and artificial neural networks. However, we want to look at the theme beyond technology and innovation and examine classical definitions.
We will be accepting submissions in the following formats:
- Research papers
- Thought pieces
- We value clear, succinct writing that avoids specialist jargon and is accessible to people who work in a wide range of disciplines.
- Please submit a MS Word or pages file.
- Please include a front page including:
- proposed title
- full names and affiliations of all authors
- corresponding email address
- All submissions should be fully referenced as appropriate (Harvard Referencing)
- Please include at least one high-res (1MB) relevant photograph, illustration, or other graphic (with description and any attributions)
Word count: 300 – 3000 words