8th Dec 2015
Conscious Cities – Neuroscience and Architecture Conference
Museum of Architecture and THECUBE
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (GMT)
Location: Arup, 13 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 4BQ
In partnership and support of Arup and Museum of Architecture we are please to bring you Conscious Cities, which is a one-day conference that aims to explore the relationship between neuroscience and architecture. By bringing together neuroscientists, architects, engineers, urban planners and property developers, the conference aims to offer necessary tools for understanding how the built environment impacts our cognitive functions, while also showing how professionals can use research in neuroscience to design better spaces and cities for the future.
Conscious Cities will bring together some of the most innovative and engaging experts in the field. A practical workshop and a publication will expand upon the findings and further disseminate the discourse at the conference.
- Fiona Elizabeth Zisch, Spatial Cognition Group, UCL
- Itai Palti, architect and author of “A Manifesto for Conscious Cities”
- Panos Mavros, PhD researcher on temotions in urban behaviour, UCL
- Ruairi Glynn, lecturer in Interactive Architecture, the Bartlett, UCL
- Juliette Morgan, partner at Cushman & Wakefield , head of property at Tech City UK
- Dr. Harriet Harriss, Senior Tutor in Interior Design & Architecture, Royal College of Art
- Josef Hargrave, Associate at Arup Foresight Group